[A/S] Methods to repair clearcoated aluminum filiform corrosion

I've been looking into how to remove and cleanup the various filiform
corrosion spots on my 2001 Bambi.  None is more than 0.5 square cm but
I don't want to have these growing.

On another site I've discussed using an aircraft product ACF-50, used
to arrest the progression of filiform corrosion on coated aircraft
aluminum.   If effective, it will only stop the growth of the
corrosion.  I have yet to understand the best means to clean this up.

I'm not averse to the manual effort, but I want to hopefully learn
from others' experiences.

Comments, links and suggestions most welcome.