[A/S] Water weight and Crown Victoria

Hi Robert,

Playing devil's advocate for a moment. If I carry 20 gallons of water
in my water tank and each gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, then the
water I am carrying weighs 160 pounds. Right so far?

If I were to set up a simple math problem of 4500 pounds (trailer
weight) divided by 160 pounds (water) the result (4500 / 150 = 0.035 or
3.5%) would indicate the percentile significance or insignificance of
the weight of 20 gallons of water.

Or, said differently:

Expectations based on primary source factual data may provide different
conclusions than expectations based on word of mouth generalizations.

Or, here's another way I could look at it.

If having an extra person who weighs 160 pounds in my car  -- OR -- not
having that person in my car  -- makes a significant difference in
whether or not my car can handle itself and the trailer both safely and
satisfactorily means that ----------  there's a conclusion sitting out
there ----  waiting for me to think of it.

My point of all this. If weight reduction is a significant
consideration, I would become a ruthless realist and get rid of the
really heavy stuff  --  OR --  I'd get a more capable tow vehicle and
have a weight margin which allowed me to confidently enjoy the
experience with full knowledge that I could act with decisiveness when
the going gets dicey (as it often does).

Terry
1975 Mercury Station Wagon (460 CID w/trailer towing package, etc.)
1967 22' Airstream Safari - 4825# fully loaded on quarry scale in
Colorado Springs