Re: [A/S] Re: On the brink of buying a new Safari

Hello Robert,

I too, have seen older model Crown Vics tow up to 30'
Airstreams.  I would investigate carefully the towing
ability of the "newer" models, as Ford has distanced
itself from any significant towing with anything but
their pickup trucks.  Thats one reason they are
equipped with the 'tow & go' package.

I have an 04' 19 foot Airstream Bambi that I initally
towed with a Honda Pilot.  However, it really maxed
out the ability of the little engine and poor towing
design.  I now tow with an F-150 and barely know that
the Bambi is there.

Good luck with the towing, you'll love the Airstream.

Terry Newman