[A/S] Moen Faucet problem

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone,

The Moen "PureTouch" Faucet in my kitchen sink is leaking (can't be totally
shut off.) Just before this happened a small set screw (Hex) fell out of the
on-off lever and the lever is wobblier than it should be. The Moen manual
that came with my 2000 A/S talks ad nauseum about how to replace/buy a new
filter but says nothing about how to adjust the set screw, other than to
show it on the parts diagram. Today, of course, the Moen service number is
closed for the holidays.

Any clever A/S owners out there that can advise me on how to adjust the set
screw properly? I tried screwing it all the way in but the handle is still
"floppy" and the faucet still leaks. There's a small plastic projection
half-way in and I'm wondering if the screw is supposed to "catch" on
that...?

Thanks.

Douglas Kirkpatrick, MD, Vintner and Bottlewasher
Lazy K Vineyard and Winery
Medford, OR