Re: [A/S] Re:Airstream Article

Dirk & Marius:

There are seldom" minor leaks" if water gets into the intra-wall area,
the insulation will remain saturated for a long time. In addition to
possible structural deteriation, you need to be aware of fungus
(mold/mildew) growing within the walls.It's not enough to simply let
it sit in hopes of drying. EPA states that all wetted materials must
be removed within 24-48 hrs.This mold situation can be very DANGEROUS
to YOUR HEALTH, particularly to infants, elderly, and anyone who has
allergies or asthma." Prolonged exposure to active mold in an enclosed
area can damage the lungs, mucous membrane, comea, respiratory tract,
stomach, intestines, and skin."
Google "mold, mildew, fungus." Read U.S.Environmental Protection Agency;"
Indoor Air - Mold", &" Fact Sheet: Cleanup- Avoiding Indoor Air Quality
Problems". You'll find a lot more facts on mold/mildew. A lot of it is
pretty upsetting. be prepared.

Yes "there are a lot of leaks out there". Airstream does't want to address
remedial actions. They seem to feel that plugging the leaks, or diverting
the water to the outside via some sort of dealer cobbled up sheet metal
device is it. My 2005 CCD had multiple leaks.Airstream is sandbagging me.
I've hired an attorney to represent me. If you experience intra-wall leaks,
you will probably have to do the same.