[A/S] Re: jeep grand cherokee as tow vehicle

I would not pull anything larger than a pop-up with a Cherokee.

Pulling is not the only issue here, you must be able to stop the rig
safely.  I pulled a 29 ft Excella with a 2000 Silverado, Ext. Cab
short bed and felt OK.  I traded for a 2500 HD, it has bigger brakes,
heavier frame, heavier rear end and full floating rear axle.  The
extra muscle made a BIG differance in stability and stopping power.
The Duramax/Allison combo made a big differance in pulling.

A 3/4 or 1 ton tow vehicle will always be safer, not cheaper, but safer.