Re: [A/S] Re: Airstream wannabe question

Cathy,
You didn't say whether you were looking into buying a new Bambi or a Vintage
one. Keep in mind that Bambi's were also built from 61 through 63 and are
much lighter than todays version, however they also are lacking many of
todays amenities. If you found a very well cared for or properly restored
early model, I'm sure that you could tow it with the Highlander. 66-68
Caravels which are only a foot longer weigh in at 2,560 lbs with a gvwr of
3,000 lbs. The tough part is finding a good example of an early model, but
they are out there and would be somewhat less money than a new one. It's
kind of sad that someone would require a large truck to tow the smallest
model trailer that the company builds.
This is just the vintage part of me talking so if you don't want any
tinkering and want to tow with a larger vehicle than you want to own, go for
the new one.
Colin Hyde
WBCCI, VAC 10247
owner of 5 assorted Airstreams from the 50's and 60's