RE: [A/S] Any travel suggestions?

Hi Candy
If you're worried about towing an Airstream, don't.
What I did, when I was experiencing the same feelings you are, is take the
Trailer and my tow vehicle out to the play ground parking lot when no one's
around and play with it, towing and turning etc.
I then put up a couple of cardboard cartons as if it was a camp site
entrance and practiced backing the trailer between the cartons. Lots of fun!
We found three really important things.
	1. It don't stop as fast or start up as fast as when the trailer
isn't there. You need to include extra time for starting and stopping. The
bigger the load, the longer it takes to start up and stop.
	2. When you are turning the trailer doesn't follow in exactly the
same path as the wheels of the tow vehicle. It sort of flattens the corner.
This is a good thing to remember when turning around trees, posts etc. Make
what we in Ontario call a "hay-wagon" turn. That is a wide turn so the
trailer will clear the object.
	Going back to the parking lot again. Drive through a puddle and
immediately make a turn. Get out and go back and look at the tracks made by
the tow vehicle and the tracks made by the trailer wheels. You'll see what
I'm talking about.
	3. You learn to back up by practicing. While I certainly can back up
and turn into a parking space or camp space on my own, it is far far easier
when I have my wife on an FRS radio talking me through the procedure and
warning me of any hazards. When she says stop, I stop.
Sarge