Re: [A/S] RE: Disenfect Water Tanks

> I occasionally pour a little Chlorox into my incoming hose.... how would I
> know if it was causing a problem?

Your water system would probably start leaking.

I expect, however, that you would have to SUPER-chlorinate your system
(probably a gallon or more of bleach), then let it REMAIN in the system for
hours if not days, before it would cause any damage.

I suspect that many folks tend to overkill when sanitizing their water
system.  Anything more than a cupful of bleach in a typical, large tank and
system is probably MORE than enough.

Do you use your "city water" hookup or your on-board tank most of the time?

If using the tank, it wouldn't hurt to introduce one tablespoon of bleach
into a FULL tank of fresh water - and LEAVE it.  The water may impart a very
slight chlorine odor but would otherwise be perfectly safe for drinking and
cooking.

I carry a spray bottle of chlorinated water when I camp.  I spray
(disinfect) the water faucet/hydrant before I draw from or connect to it, as
well as the end of my hose.

The value of this became VERY evident when I camped with full hookups where
the water faucet was so close to the ground that it was EASILY within the
range of even a small, MALE dog.   <ahem>

         :)
JR