[A/S] Re: International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim Franklin

There are some really good comments here.  Reading Cindy's response
made me think harder.

There really is very little to attract families to either regional or
international rallies.  If they want to attract families, then this
has to be a serious effort.  That means structuring appropriate
activities, locating at places with opportunities for outdoor
activities and adopting a more lenient attitude.  My own impression is
there can be a rather ingrained mentality in some rally circles
against the "young whippersnapper" set, especially if they are
adolescents.  Heck, I'm in my mid 40s and I feel like a deviant
youngster at times!

Meanwhile, to echo Cindy, I don't think I could ever lure my (16 yo)
niece to a rally with the promise of a teen queen contest.  If
anything, I think it would make her run away as fast as she could in
the opposite direction.  Really, it strikes me that the contest is run
more for the benefit of grandparents than teens.