Re: [A/S] mobile communication and connectivity IS mobile living

> the issue is worthy of our time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hunter asked that the discussion be taken off-list, so that's why I made
the other post. I'll defer to her request unless I hear otherwise.

> besides one can always just delete without reading what ever isn't
> individually useful.

Some of the folks using cellphone dial-in or slow cellphone digital
connections to get their email, and still using POP3 mail (slow on
low-speed connections) or web mail (*really* slow on low-speed
connections) do actually waste time and bandwidth (not to mention money)
downloading unwanted mail.

That's why I keep recommending IMAP mail access. As you mentioned, why
download anything you don't want to see. Better to see a list of
subjects and download only the messages you want to read, deleting the
rest and any Spam off the server prior to downloading. It's also better
for offline access (go on, get the subjects, go offline, mark the ones
you want to download, delete the rest, go online and sync in one fast
continuous efficient session.)

It's like feeding your slow connection rocket fuel.

Any modern email client will do IMAP, as will any decent ISP. And it
looks just like POP3 access does.

I've got to run...

Rick Kunath