[A/S] Re: Lending a Hand to a Newbie

I appreciate your measured reply.

I sent my message then thought better of HOW I had worded it.

I wasn't sitting idly by, watching as the poor man crunched his Airstream.

After several minutes watching the backing attempt(s) with a spotter, I got
bored and was busy elsewhere around my site when I HEARD the site post
crack.  I ran around the corner only to see the site post against the
trailer and the kid just watching it - not saying a thing.

As I said, I hollered LOUDLY and the driver quickly stopped.  IMHO, I saved
his trailer from further damage as it appeared the spotter/kid would have
let him IMPALE the aluminium.  He expressed his gratitude.

> We all have to learn certain skills. I hope somebody will
> be kinder to you some day, because we all need help now & then.

Agreed.

I am somewhat reluctant to impose myself on a fellow camper with offers of
help that may not be needed or appreciated.  Regardless, I WILL promptly
butt-in if I see something about to be damaged.

To this day, I am always amazed when I witness someone back into a site
while the "co-pilot" remains in his/her seat up front.

When backing into a site, I always have my wife stand back there.  However,
I do NOT make her responsible for my skill (or lack thereof) at this.
Rather, I simply ask her to SCREAM like a Banshee if I'm about to hit
something.  So far, so good.

               :)
JR