Re: [A/S] Airstream Offroad - It's Roots?

> nothing beats a truck camper for getting away.

I appreciate your reply.  I'm afraid that where we're at now (officially
24-ft) is as small as my beloved wife would tolerate.  Frankly, the camper
we pull now is as small as I want, but I am looking to avoid a GREAT, big
(long) upgrade.

I like the lower profile of a travel trailer when compared to a full height
fifthwheel.  I have a virtually weathertight, cab-high fiberglass capped
pickup box to use for traveling (camping).

I could VERY much see Mrs. MacWidow (my wife, Leslie) trying another trailer
without a slideout, but perhaps a foot or two longer than what we have now.

We hosted a gorgious Airstream a couple of years ago in our trailer's "dock"
(new concrete birth next to the house).  Our trailer was away at a nearby
park.

This pair of Airstreamers were friends of my neighbor a few doors away.  I
noticed the previous year that they had parked their Airstream on the
street.  I volunteered the space in my driveway.  They were great squatters
and we even got a card of thanks from them from their next stop (or so).

What I DIDN'T get to do, however, was take a peek inside their home on
wheels.  I really didn't need to, though.  I know what an Airstream is like,
which is probably why I want one.

              :)
JR