Re: [A/S] 2005 Caravans

>I spent a few months in Churchill in the late 60's. Since there is not a
>road that goes to Churchill, it might be interesting to see your itinerary.
>Where will you travel by road and where will you connect with the train into
>Churchill.

         I believe the train leaves from Thompson.

>Try to visit the old fort while you are there and read its history. The
>Churchill area is the Polar bear dening ground. There are a few there at any
>time of the year. Be Careful!

         The caravan has been moved to later this year; so, polar-bear
sightings are expected to be better.  "Careful" is right - Polar bears are
smart critters, and powerful.

>You may also see Baluga Whales in the Churchill River .

         I hope you're right - I'd love to see more whales.

>Have a good trip!

         Thanks; some of our friends have been on this caravan, and say
it's a great one.

- Dick
(5368)