Re: [A/S] Heat pumps

Come to think of it Hunter when my A/C unit shuts down
it gives off a hissing sound. Probably is what you
are hearing when that valve moves.

As far as shortening the life I would agree. Every
time the A/C unit runs, cooling or heating, you are
expending some of its life. I really don't know what
the life expectancy is of an RV heat pump.

I know my neighbors who have home heat pumps get about
11 years out of them before they need replacement.
This contrasts to 14-15 years for normal air
conditioning units and 20 years for gas furnaces.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'
WBCCI 5024