[A/S] Re: Clearcoat after polishing ?

Greetings Scott!

Welcome to the world of Vintage Airstream ownership!

> is there a clearcoat to apply after polishing my 1977 caravanner,I
have not saw much on this matter,Thanks Scott

There are a number of methods utilized to protect a polish job, but
there isn't much beyond wax products that are available to do-it-
yourselfers.  The product that was used by the factory is
Plasticoat.  Plasticoat is a proprietary product that is available
only to factory authorized/certified appliers/installers.  There are
a number of shops that Plasticoat coaches.  I had mine completely
refinished including polishing and Plasticoating at P and S Trailer
Service in Helena, Ohio.  The Ruths of P & S Trailer Service have
been involved in this type of work for several decades and I am
thrilled with the results on my coach.  You can find P & S Trailer
Service on the Web at:

http://www.pandstrailerservice.com/

Once Plasticoated, a coach will need twice-annual applications of
Walbernize to protect the finish - - Walbernize is easily applied
and takes about 1/2 day to apply on my '64 Overlander.  You can see
some before and after photos of my Overlander at:

http://www.airstreamforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/827

The Overlander photos are mixed together with photos of my tow
vehicles and Argosy Minuet.

Good luck with your restoration!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)