RE: [A/S] 1968 SOVERIGN AIRSTREAM 31 FT.

Hello Gearald!
I too have a 68 Sovereign (BTW they are 30 feet). The freshwater
connection comes through the belly pan near the rear bumper, There
should be a hole there. It then runs into the rear hatch area and
connects with the rest of the water system. This connection is on the
roadside of the trailer. The tubing comes straight down out of the pan
and then makes a 90 to the hose connection. You can get this connection
at any plumbing supply place. The shore power cable goes through the
opening in the bumper (the cord is stored in the bumper) into the rear
compartment and connects from that point. It is hardwired into the
trailer with no plug in the side of the trailer. As for parts, the
window frame you are asking about, is it the trim around the glass? If
so you can get that from any glasss shop. If it is the frame that is
missing you will have to check out different salvage places, post your
need on the VAC classifieds, call Airstream dealers that have been
around since 68 or Inland RV might have it. The WBCCI's Blue Beret will
have dealers listed. Also check out Berning RV in Ft Wayne IN they might
have the parts you are looking for. Good luck with your project, we have
had our 68 since 1999 and have liked the size and layout. Also you might
want to check out the Vintage Airstream site at airstream.net.
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign (Restoration Completed)