RE: [A/S] Swinging' from the ball recap

Hi Charles,
I sent out a post about the "They that should fix the problem by setting
some official rules to be enforced" people in the Federal Government a few
years back.
I had just attended a seminar at the Airstream International in Sioux Falls,
SD in 2001 where they described how the branch of the government that did
all the highway safety testing and set the criteria all car manufacturing
had to follow (they were putting on the seminar). They told how there were
only 5 or 6 people in all of the US that do this job for the US Government
for all vehicles, and two of these people had just been assigned to do a
thorough study of "Tow Ratings for vehicles , hitches, and other tow
accessories (like safety chains, brake controllers and such). It was
interesting in that they gone out and bought two Airstream Trailers to do
their testing, because they were testing stuff forward of the trailer, and
did not want to spend any of their time maintaining the trailers. They said
they knew the Airstreams would stand up to the thousands of miles they would
put on them during testing, without causing them any problems. I have never
heard anything else about their study or rules changed as a result of the
study. It may still be going on.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624