[A/S] Fall 2004 Issue of Airstream Life

Friends,

Thanks to Rich Luhr and Carol Baidinger four vintage pictures that my
Grandparents took are in the newest issue of Airstream Life magazine.  The first
one is on page 4.  That was taken around Naples, Florida circa 1970.  You can
see their WBCCI number, 8848…we still have that number.   The second is on page
6.  It is a photo of my Grandmother.  My grandparents were often Postmasters on
the caravans that they went on.  That one is circa 1975 or so.  The third is on
page 7…the Tropico De Cancer photo.  That one is from the mid 1960’s.  The
fourth is on pages 46 and 47 of their jackknifed car and trailer.  That was
taken around 1965 or so.  The accident happened in Michigan on their way to a
rally in Mackinaw City, I believe.  A semi-truck came across the median at them.
The truck ended up on its top.  Luckily there were no injuries.  They continued
on to the Mackinaw Rally and then on to the International.  They sold that
trailer the next year and bought a new Ambassador.  I was lucky to be able to
spend the summer of 1968 (age 12) in that trailer crossing Canada and
participating in the Klondike Caravan #60 across Western Canada.  Although my
grandparents loved their Airstreams what they really loved was the good times
and the good friends that they made along the way.  Me too.

Tom LaVergne

Still proudly sporting #8848 on our 1979 Ambassador