Re: [A/S] Hello From Jackson Center

> Right now the place is full of "suits" including some with concealed
> firearms.  An Ohio senator and the Secretary Of the Interior are here for for a
> tour of the Airstream facility.  >>

Interesting... I wonder why they are there.  If the weapons are concealed,
how do you know?

> Two bits of information that I have not heard of before.  Forgive me if
> they have previously been reported on the list.  Airstream has started doing a
> disk brake conversion for trailers.  Hydraulic disk brakes are added along
> with an electric controlled hydraulic pump for the disks.  Prices run from
> $1,612 to $6,931 depending on brake size and number of axles.  This process is one
> of the items available under the winter service discount program of 15% on
> labor and 10% on parts.>

You mean older trailer can get disc brakes for those prices?  Will all new
trailers have them? $7,000.00 is pretty pricey, my trailer stops fine now....why
would I want them?

> I have always been courious about the price and public availability of the
> Airstream trailer desk/counter.  The price list is posted in the service
> center.
> Bambi bar and desk - $4,992
>       with refrigerator - $5,269
> refrigerator and keg - $6,931>

Sounds like a btter deal than the brakes. <g>

Thanks for the info Dick.

Hunter