[A/S] Filters for sand?

I confess I did not get my repair manual, hoping for Nov.
Sandy water is really think coming into my Argosy sink area  (everyone here
has same problem) it builds below in my kitchen sink .   I was getting it loose
from lower pipes with a dollar store stain remover (so  gentle  I even use on
silk M30 stain remover).  That and hot water  poured in the double sink
overnight; then pulling it up with a plunger  instead of trying to push it through.
Anyone out there know of a good sand trap for the water intake. I am  even
dumping cooking water and can water so it does not go down the  drain.