RE: [A/S] Digest Number 2239

Hi Fritz,
Yes there is a cure, but it is not easy. The bolts that hold the hinges have
nuts on the back between the outside and inside skins. These nuts are held
in place by a gob of caulk, and usually just spin when you try and tighten
them. You have to go in between the two aluminum skins from the inside. I
had to take the molding off the inside around the door opening, pull back
the fabric that covers the inside skin, and cut a slit in the inside
aluminum skin, and bend the corners of the slit back in order to get to the
nuts. I replaced the bolts with new ones and put two Nylock nuts on the back
side of each bolt when I finally got to the back to work on them. You can
put the trailer back together so you can't tell you did the job if you are
careful. The slit is still in the inside skin, but it is covered up by the
fabric and held in place by the door molding. I have not had any more
problems with mine in 3 years and about 50,000 miles of towing.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624
1998 34' Limited