Re: [A/S] Tires Load Range E

Louis
I just got back from Sears looking at a set of these.
The tread pattern is a little different, the lugs on the outer shoulders are
closer.
Look fairly good but I really want the LTX M/S as I have these on my 4X4 truck.
They are real quite and are ok in the mud, though I wouldn't just take off thru
any mud hole thinking I wouldn't get stuck, because you will. Been there done
that.
Before I got the Michelin's on my truck I used to run Daytona Radial A/T's and
have used Radial Stag A/T's. The stag's would go thru just about anything, the
plain A/T's were fairly good too and much quiter on the road. I switched to the
Michelins because I wanted something quiter and would last longer. I was
initially worried about the traction off road, because I do live in South
Georgia and I do like to go hunting, but the LTX M/S tires have gotten me
pretty much where ever I wanted to go. Five years later they are still looking
good with plenty of tread left.
I'm now shopping around for a set to put on my wifes 4X4 Suburban. The Firstone
Wilderness A/T's on it now have 34558 miles on them and are already down to the
tread wear indicator.
Luckily I'm retired military and the base gas station has them on sale $143.00
each and I'll be getting them put on Tuesday. They are 265/70/16 D
Started to get the 265/75/16 E's but the wife does drive it a lot more than I
do, so I figured I better keep the ride a little comfortable.

Bobby