Re: [A/S] getting on the top

One of the handiest ways I've found is a "wig-wag" (my term) ladder.  It
bridges over onto the roof or can be set up with a plank as a scaffold.
You can see one in actions at:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/31846365/32289255mMbDLY
on the day I installed my maxairs.  Okay around the barn, but not near
as portable as Hunters telescoping ladder. Also has a nice flat spot for
a "workbench" if you add a piece of plywood.   As for sticking to the
ribs (rivet lines) may not be absolutely necessary, but certainly a good
idea.  A carpet sample is handy under the ends of the ladder, but the
picture doesn't show a piece of cardboard which was the best I had at
the time.  Also a good idea to remove dangly metal stuff (such as key
rings) from your belt (Ask me how I know THAT) as well as your shoes.

Matt