Re: [A/S] Tambour Replacement

The manufacturers I was getting tambour from referred to it as a high
pressure laminate backing with the show face of your choice. That
applied to all but the white/off white tambour used in bathrooms and
galley areas. That tambour is solid plastic. And NO body seemed to be
able to make it anymore.
Over the years we found that plain silicone spray worked very well as a
lubricant. We sprayed it on the material as it was mounted. It does not
stain or cause the material to swell. For jambed galley doors we would
start spraying at the bottom of the door along the track and work the
door open and closed until enough silicone worked it's way into the
spiral storage spool.
The only conflict we ever found was when we failed to clean up some
white litium grease that had been previously used. Turned out to make a
great glue when combined with silicone.

Charlie