[A/S] Re: Yosemite & Hensley

Al,

That is one of the most beautiful areas of the country - certainly not
to be missed. You should do fine on Tioga Pass - somewhere in some
Airstream archives is a photo of a caravan going down the pass - very
spectacular.

My warning is for Highway 120 between Moccasin and Groveland. We
pulled our 21" foot Globetrotter with a Suburban down that hill last
summer and it was quite the white knuckler. The curves are sharp
enough that big rigs would pause on the turns to let traffic pass so
that they would have enough room to negotiate the hair pins. A better
bet might be to head into Yosemite Valley via Highway 140 - the way the
tour buses go - and then head up to the Crane Flat area and out over
Tuolumne Meadows to Tioga. I know it's the long way around but better
safe than sorry.

Virginia Fesunoff
Riverside, CA
69 Globetrotter 21'