[A/S] Re: piezo ignitors

Rick:
Unless the ignitor was supplied by some company as a kit to be
installed in the oven you are modifying, I would vote against doing it
from a safety standpoint... We get pretty casual about using the LP
appliances, but insurance as an example is based on the appliance
being approved by the various agencies involved... modifying the oven
would in my mind invalidate any approval...

Since what you are thinking of doing was not standard, why not just
get a new oven... I replaced the oven in our 86 with a new model that
has the piezo electric system... and it is more than a simple
adaptation of the type of igniter on a barbeque...No stovetop pilots,
lights the burners...Pilot in the oven portion that still needs the
gas match.

Mary thought I was wasting money as usual, but try to get it away from
her now...very convenient...

Jim