[A/S] Homecoming Again

Sharon and I had a great time at the Airstream Homecoming and plan to
attend next year.

It was the first outing for the 53 Flying Cloud and all systems worked
perfectly.  We packed up early Sunday and were on the road at 10 AM. We
traveled East on the back roads until we got to Upper Sandusky where we
enter the limited access route 30.  We traveled a mile and encountered a
construction pinch point containing an angled dip with concrete barriers.
The Airstream hit the guardrail attached to the barrier and started
swinging. I couldn't get to the manual brake control in time to stop the
swing and the K2500 Suburban climbed up on top of the barrier, slid along
till it came to the end and dropped off on it's side going backwards. The
Burb is totaled. The only injury was Sharon's arm that was dragged along
the pavement. She got a bad rash and was hospitalized for one night. I
didn't have a scratch. Saved by the seat belts.

When the Burb climbed the barrier the trailer hitch twisted out and the
safety chains broke where they were attached to the Airstream. The brake
breakaway engaged the brakes and the Airstream came to a fairly gentle stop
on the berm 10 ft, away from a huge drop off. It has some heavy scratches
on both butt checks but is otherwise OK. Most items inside stayed put
too....amazing.

Now  I have to figure out how to get the Airstream home and find a new tow
vehicle.

Glad to report this in one piece,
Bob Patterson