RE: [A/S] New Suburban

Most new transmissions are electronically controlled.
Most have to learn the drivers imputs to give the best
it has to offer.

When I took delivery of a 04 Dodge Caravan the
transmission seemed to be a mess for the first 50
or so miles until the software  had some time to figure out
what it was doing. Now at 13K miles I don't think
of it( honestly for a moment in the beginning
i was thinking I had a lemon of a tranny) it moves
very smothly one of the best shifting veh i have
ever driven.

As you break it in and it becomes accustome to
what you want be sure to "push it hard" from
a  dead stop up to your normal cruising speed.
Develop a memory for the tranny for this
situation (and others) when you need it it will be
there and it won't have to learn something new.

Steve O