Re: [A/S] generator power

I learned much from the www.rvsolarelectric.com website and even more from
the booklet they send out.  They also have several other books available for
purchase that address 12 volt electrical systems and even solar for cabins.

The question I have is how much time are you going to spend in your
airstream?  Are we looking at weekends only or what?  My '77 Excella 500
sits at a hunting site for a month to two months at a time with no
electricity other than a 5 watt Pulse Tech Solargizer solar
charger/maintainer.  I have 2 Delco Voyager batteries rated at 105 amp hr.
I am a mizer and usually do not run more than one light fixture at a time
nor more than one fan at a time.  I have never gone into the "fair" side of
my batteries on the control panel.  If you are planning on staying 3-4 days
at a time with heavy light and some waterpump usage then a 50-75 watt panel
would be fine.  If you plan on using a microwave then you will need at least
four 6 volt or several LARGE 12 volt batteries with a couple of 75-80 watt
panels to help power an inverter for that microwave.

This year I bought a 20 watt solar panel and hooked it up on a Friday when I
arrived to go turkey hunting each weekend.  I unplugged it when I left on
Sunday.  I ran several lights during the evening and ran a fan for several
hours during the afternoon while resting and all night each evening.  The
control panel showed the needle in the "good" area when I left the first
Sunday of May.  I want to add that the batteries are kept fully charged with
a BatteryMinder while at the house so they are in top shape before taking
the trailer out.