Re: [A/S] Digest Number 2025

You should not ever need oil with the Honda. If you change it like once a
season, it should not burn any extra oil till it is all worn out ten years from
now. You may wish to carry one quart for safety, but probably unnecessary. They
really build exceptional engines, those Honda people! You may inquire if they
sell a muffler extension kit, which might allow you to mount or leave the
generator in an outside storage compartment and run the muffler to a safe
external location so exhaust gasses do not enter the trailer. Most generators offer
such a kit, but I don't know if Honda does. If this were available, you would
not have to worry about theft. Just cable lock it into the storage compartment
or actually bolt it down (on rubber bushings for vibration, of course), and
forget about it. And you would not have to lug it into and out of the truck bed,
or waste the space in the truck, and if you ever towed with another vehicle,
it would be on board the trailer already! I don't know how many hours it will
run on a tankful, but if you fill the generator each time you fill your truck,
you may be okay, especially if you keep moving as much as it sounds like you
do.
Chas