Re: [A/S] traveling with a notebook computer

Cindy,

For Christmas I bought myself a new Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop which was on
sale for about $600 after a $250 rebate. So far it has worked well for what
I use it for. Web,email, office applications, etc. It came with a CDR/W &
DVD combo drive, 2 USB ports, network port, monitor port, cables to hook to
a TV, internal modem, and PCMCIA. I am currently using the network port to
hook to my DSL modem, I have used the modem to connect to the net when the
DSL was not working, and have also used the USB port to attach a wifi remote
to access the net from my back deck.

Two related drawbacks that may be an issue for you. One the battery only
lasts about 2 hours, and Dell does not sell a 12v adapter for this model.
This can be handled with small inverters and/or just finding a place to plug
in.

This definitely not the "Top of the Line" but appears to be a good unit.

Tom

'94 Airstream Land Yacht MH
ex-Winnebago Rialta
ex-Eurovan Camper