Re: [A/S] Re: equalizer vs reese dual cam vs Hensley

Hi David,

The Hensley is expensive AND not always reliable! I still don't know
why mine failed and probably never will but in the three years I towed
with a Hensley I had problems. The struts worked their way down once on
a very bumpy road, the dealer who installed it didn't grease the zirks
and it caused major noise until I figured that out and I had to make
sure when I unhitched that the trailer, truck and hitch were all
aligned so that it would be easier to hitch back up again. In Aug. when
it failed, I had always properly maintained it and can only guess after
reading posts on Hensley's combined with GM receivers that the combo
caused it to pull apart and bend. Yes, Hensley backs their product and
repaired the hitch but that didn't help me at that moment!!!

Now with the new Reese Trunnion style hitch it takes me one try to
hitch up at any angle and I don't have to worry about a million parts!
I'm going to add the Dual Cam but even without it my Safari didn't sway
at all with semi's passing.

For me, simplicity works!     (ps you two going to Garden of the Gods
VAC rally?)

Patti
Long Island, NY
1954 Flying Cloud