Re: [A/S] Remember those windows???

---Ok. This is a 78 and the inside pane has to be broken out. The
upper two on the road side had been done some time in the past. They
were leaking, so I knifed them free from the outside. Who ever did
them also cut the original frame between the two peices of glass.
This allowed the remaing glass to be removed from the outside. After
cleaning the glass and frame, I reinstalled them using silicone
sealant. I put a couple of very thin spacers between the glass and
the outer frame so the glass would be suspended in the silicone and
not touch any metal framing. On the curb side, I broke out the inside
peice of glass and after removing the factory gasket I cleaned the
glass and frame. This outside glass could not be removed from the
outside because the original glass channel was still intact. I also
shimmed this glass away from the metal frame and also used silicone
sealant. The shims I used was cut from a peice of white plastic wall
paneling as used in bathrooms, milkhouses and the like. About a
sixteenth of an inch thick, about a 1/4 " wide and about 4" long.
They were between the outer frame and the glass. After the sealant
dryed, I was able to pull them out and push a little sealant in place
of them. The trailer is still in the shop, but will go out in a
couple days. On a differant subjet, I found an aftermarket weather
strip producer. I hav a pic. book and have some samples on the way. I
am looking toward the self sticking tubular type. About 1/2" wide and
3/8" thick. Should be more forgiving of old misaligned windows.
Any ?'s???????  Good luck ..Arnie