Re: [A/S] atwood water heater

I think the problem with tha anode rod is the fact
that the screw in end is some sort of metal.  The plug
in my Atwood is some type of plastic or nylon.
Dissimilar metals cause problems so that's probably
why they don't support the anode solution.

Personally I use a device called a "Tank Saver" that
is sold at Camping World.  This device hooks to the
end of a hose and is inserted through the open drain
plug.  It scours all the calcification and other
minerals in the tank.  I do it once in the fall and
you would be surprised the amount of crud that comes
out of the drain.  If you do this, the tank will last
a long, long, time.  When I sold my old Hi-Lo after 14
years, it still had the original water heater.  I
attribute that to its annual cleaning.

Jack