[A/S] A newbie bought a tow vehicle... Let the searching commence!

Brought home a 2001 Ford E-350 Chateau van with the V10 today.   My objective
is to show my kids as much of this country as I can while they are still
willing to travel with me (they are 7,10 and 12 now).

I am starting to look for a trailer, and with some stretching could come up
with $8-10K for a trailer.  As near as I can tell, that might put me into 10+
year old trailer in good to very good condition.

First question:  Anybody care to offer a sanity check on my shopping
assumptions?

Second question:  Was there anything offered in that time period (late 80's
thru early 90's) similar in size/layout to today's 25 or 28' "6 sleeper"
layouts?

Third question:  What questions are there that I don't know to ask yet?

Thanks!