[A/S] Propane Tank Emptying & Certifying

I am trying to ship my Airstream trailer to Europe. The
shipping company says that the propane tanks must be
emptied and "certified & tagged" as being empty.

I've checked around with several local RV service
facilities and propane companies and everyone says they
do not do this nor do they know anyone that does. One
place told me that only brand new tanks can be
certified as empty and that replacement tanks would
have to be purchased in Europe.

Does anyone know where I can have this done? I would
rather keep the original tanks with the trailer.

Dave Robertson
Flint, MI