Re: [A/S] Axle Question

This has been discussed at length, over on the Vintage group... Henschen
used to replace the rubber torsion bar, but stopped doing so a few years
back... about three years ago, I contacted Henschen directly myself, and
ordered a custom-spec'd Dura-torque/Dura-flex axle for the Trailwind - which
was delivered, complete with brakes, backing plates and shocks for under
$600.00... fob jackson center-reno. In the last year or so, Henschen struck
an exclusive distribution deal with Inland RV for replacement Airstream
axles, and now the Henschen folks are reluctant to even talk to anyone over
the phone about Airstream axles.

Dexter makes their own torsion axle, and if you have the precise
specifications for your axle, you can order a replacement, made-to-order.

I needed to replace the torsion axle on my 13' fiberglass 'Burro', and found
the local horse/utility trailer sales/service place to be extremely helpful.

...and now you know the whole story...

tuna
reno, nv