[A/S] wires to gray tank & insulation questions

Hi everyone,

I just dropped the rear underbelly pan on my 76 Safari to fix a
plumbing problem.  Two questions:  1)  why are there 4 wires connected
to my gray water tank?  what are they and what do they do? and 2)  is
it OK to stuff lots of fiberglass insulation both above and below this
tank?  the old insulations has shifted so I'm not sure how it's
suppopsed to look.  There is some fiberlass directly under the plywood
floor in places other than over the gray water tank.  There is also a
flat rigid insulation board between the belly pan and the tank.  It's
not really enough insulation, in my opinion. I go into cold climates
and I'm worried about freezing tanks and lines.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

--Susan