Re: [A/S] 85 Excello Question and Mystery.

I'm surprised that Jackson Center doesn't have records for VIN#s for 1985...
it's not all *that* long ago...

The only other thing that comes to mind is that Airstream/Thor printed the
'85 Brochure in '84 or early '85... i wouldn't lose any sleep over it,
though. It took us about a week to figure out the year/model of my "mystery
19-footer" a few years ago... the folks over on the VAC List (especially
Fred Coldwell and the late Bill Scott) and eventually helped me discover
that it was a 1948, built in North Hollywood, with no model designation when
it was made because Airstream was running a 'Name The New Nineteen-Footer
Contest' that summer, and didn't come up with a winner ("The Trailwind")
until later that year.

And, it took almost three months to identify my 1949 Jeepster as a '49,
because a previous owner had chopped it up, re-powered it, and added a
hood/grille from a '53 Utility Wagon -  the vehicle i.d. plate was long
gone, it was titled as a "1950" (the year it was first registered)... but
some of the Jeepster wonks knew the minutiae - number of windshield
defroster slots, and a peculiarity of the 1949 door-latch mechanism
eventually told the tale...

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'49 FrankenJeepster