[A/S] Re: Heater 22' Airstream

  Hi,. I have a 31 ft AS. I go out in the winter sometimes when it's
darn cold. But for the temps down to the 30's I use electric heat. I
used to use two 1500 watt electric convection heaters. The downside
is haveing the heaters under foot. I did some exploring around my
unit and came up with two good places for direct wired recessed 1500
watt units. I went down to my local building center and found just
what I needed. A heater that can be mounted in any position and they
are made to fit into a 2X4 studded wall. That means the heater is
less than 4" deep. I have one installed in the front part of the
trailer and am very happy. The other will go in the bath area and
will heat the bedroom also. When it is very cold I have to suplement
with the catylictic heater or evan the main furnace. Having good
fitting windows and doors make a differance. Evan the storage doors
need to be air tight. I have an InTell convertor so I was able to
seal off the old Univolt vents. DO NOT seal the battery compartments
to the outside. The batterys must be able to vent outside. Good
luck..... Arnie