Re: [A/S] finding the Mystery '36 file

Found it - and i have to confess that your trailer has inspired in me a
degree of envy that is almost unbearable. You mentioned that you've seen
another trailer similar to yours? I think your guesses as to its provenance
are on-target - you probably know that Wally Byam was a sales rep for
Bowlus-Teller, and an amateur trailer-designer himself at the time B-T went
belly-up... it is entirely likely that there was a Bowlus-Teller trailer or
three on the production line when they ceased production, and Wally's first
design-change was to move the entry door from the front to the curbside;
perhaps he used a partially-assembled/leftover parts from the B-T production
line to prototype this design change, and your trailer is that prototype.
Around that same time, Wally was marketing 'plans' for home-built trailers,
and some of the earliest Airstreams were actually of plywood construction...
The late Dr. Holman's trailer - home-built and aluminum - was built to a
Byam plan, but doesn't really resemble the Bowlus-Teller trailers very
much - certainly not as much as yours.

It is easily and by far the coolest vintage trailer i've ever seen... love
to see it up close some time.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
Reno, NV