Re: [A/S] Tow vehicle for 28' Classic, Suburban or Yukon????

There is nothing wrong with the Surburban or the Yukon  (I think the GMC
Surburban equivalent is called a Yukon XL)as a tow vehicle.  They come in
a 3/4 ton configuration and also lighter versions.  I wouldn't want the
shorter Tahoe or Yukon for extensive towing.  Again, watch the manufacturers
tow rating on the vehicle.  If you are doing much towing, bigger is better.
The 8.1 l will not get very good mileage towing or running unloaded, but
this is probably true of most of the larger gas engines that are set up for
heavy towing.

I saw an ad this morning on TV for a Chev 1/2 ton pickup and they showed it
pulling an Airstream with WBCCI numbers.

Sam
WBCCI 12557