Re: [A/S] Pergo flooring?

Hunter,

The parquet has tongues and grooves like other wood flooring, so we
used "Floating floor glue" (which looks remarkably like Elmers) to glue
tongues to grooves, but did not glue the squares to the flooring
underneath. I tried this after reading about others on the VACList who
had tried it with various types of wood floor. As I understand the
theory, letting the floor "float" means it is free to expand and
contract with temperature and moisture variations, which can be
substantial over short time periods inside an Airstream. Gluing the
floor down doesn't give it the same freedom to expand and contract, so
you're more apt to get buckling of the floor.

We've had the floating floor for 2 years and it's been great. As I
mentioned in the original post, any problems with swelling from water
in places it shouldn't be has been easy to correct.

Greg
'76 Tradewind