[A/S] painting and argosy

hi,
   things are coming along well in the trailer( argosy 28' center
bath, 1976). the old ford pickup has been tested and we are in
business as far as towing goes. i hope to get out later this week for
a 2-3 day test run in north east vermont. the big maintenance item
for me is to touch up the paint before the cold weather hits. there
is a seam or two with a little bit of rust on the edge where the
paint has worn off. i have searched the archives looking for tips but
not found anything. i would generally proceed with using a drill
attachment buffer and buff off the metal down to a shine. then use
rust-o-leum spray can primer and then a few coats of the closest
matching exterior spray paint i can find. followed in a week or so by
a good, whole trailer wax, using regular car wax and a electric
buffer.
   you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings... what do you
think of this plan? what constructive suggestions do you folks have
for the rookie???  if painting the entire exterior what paint should
be used?
  thanks, jeff ballou
'76 argosy 28'
'89 f150