[A/S] Replacing a tongue jack? Tire?

Well, we moved the Silver Suppository down from the mountain for the first
time on the road in two years. Of course, when you haven't hitched up a
Hensley in a while, it always adds a sense of adventure to the proceedings.

Only two problems (well, two and a half):

The tongue jack is stripped (click click click) on the retract--it doesn't
go high enough to really clear the spring bars with any amount of space. Has
anyone tried replacing this thing themselves (looks like some 12 VDC wiring
and a couple of bolts), or is this best left to the professionals.

We've also got a flat tire, on the side we didn't cover because we didn't
think it would get much sun. Mother Nature is perverse. Are folks going to
regular tire places to get new ones, or something more specialized (I'm
hoping for a Les Schwab experience).

Now if I can figure out why the brakes acted funny...

warren & mary ellen