Re: [A/S] weights

When they were introduced as a 1982 model the 34' started with a dry weight
of 8,900 lbs with a hitch weight of 770 lbs. The very next year they dropped
to 6,600 lbs with a hitch weight of 800 lbs.
Since then the weights have varied around 7,000 lbs with a hitch weight of
800 lbs.
At it's introduction in 1969 the 31' weighted in a bouncing 4,995 lbs dry
with a hitch weight of 520 lbs. They peaked out in 1982 when the "Limited"
was introduced at 8,300 lbs. with a hitch weight of 725 lbs. After that they
settled back down to around 6,200 lbs with a hitch weight of 780 lbs until
the size was dropped in 1985 in favor of the 32' Recently reintroduced they
now weight in around 7,100 lbs with a hitch weight of 690 lbs.
Keep in mind these weights given are Dry Weights. DW does not include options
like AC, awnings and such. Nor does it include LP gas, water, foodstuff and
just plain "stuff". Which can easily add another 1200-1500 lbs. Yes, 1,500
lbs. No matter how hard we try us Americans do like to haul around our stuff.
And if we are looking at a vehicles tow rating don't forget to include peoples
and "stuff" in the tow vehicle. That stuff is all part of the weight rating to.

Charlie