Re: LINGERING INTERIOR ODOR

Greetings Ron!

You don't mention the particular odor, but I have a possible source
other than the adhesives used beneath the wall covering. Is the
odor one of sulfur or rotten eggs? If the odor resembles either of
these smells, it could be eminating from the process of heating
water with high sulfur content. My home well has an elevated sulfur
content and the reaction when it is heated in my Airstream's water
heater will result in a lingering sulfur odor - - it will be
especially strong after the shower is used or after dishes have been
done. I don't have this problem in my home as there is a special
annode rod available to deal with the problems related to elevated
sulfur content in the water heater - - no such device is available
for the Atwood units so far as I have been able to determine.

It seems nearly impossible that adhesives would still be off-gassing
after more than thirty years, but stranger things have happened.

Good luck finding the source of the odor.

Kevin