Re: [A/S] Uneven tire wear..Yikes!!

Hi, Joe...

From what I see in your pictures it appears that the problem is
cupping. Cupping can be caused by unbalanced tires, faulty wheel
bearings, loose parts, fatigued springs or bad shock absorbers.

Those sort of defects cause the tire to bounce down the road, rather
than roll. The bouncing causes the wear to create "cups" in the tires.

The problem may have been there since you last looked at your tires,
perhaps just not as pronounced. If it has only occurred in the last 1000
miles, I think you have had something break rather than just normal wear
and tear. When the problem occurs with normal wear and tear, it shows up
in time that you can prevent it from causing the amount of damage you
have on your tires.

I hope this helps, let us know what it was.

regards...
Jim