RE: [A/S] Digest Number 1687 (floorplans)

Welcome, Peter. Over the years there must have been HUNDREDS of different
floorplans generated by Airstream. If you were to review them and pick a
favorite, you would likely look for years without finding the one you've
picked. Airstream made liberal use of the traditional builder's disclaimer
about reserving the right to make changes, etc. from published plans, even
many mid-year changes.

I think what you will wish to do is create a priority list, based on your
traveling group, their body sizes, their storage needs, how much time you
plan to spend indoors, how tidy you are.

In any given size, you will be choosing between dedicated function or more
storage. Do you need a dedicated dinette or do you need a big refer and
giant pantry? Dedicated island bed or dresser and closets? And more stuff
to think about:

Always a bed? (Less to do at bedtime, and house quality matresses vs.
folding foam) (less spacious feel by day)
Do you need twins or a double? (Twins nicer for daytime lounging) (You know
the other)
Do bathroom sounds and smells trouble? (Think rear bath)
Company on the couch? (Think center bath)

Ultimately, you will likely do what many of us have: buy on emotion the day
we see one that's close to our needs, close to our price, and beckoniong for
a road trip. Then you'll find yourself adapting to what you have. There's no
Perfect One; members on this list are always buying and selling, some lucky
ones have more than one.

Good luck, best wishes, and keep us posted on your choice(s)!

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500